What should the IA in economics look like?

Guys! I have a little problem. My IA is due tomorrow and I have all the information and my article and everything, but I have no idea how to structure it to get the best score. So do you guys have any suggestions or methods how to structure IA? And I know it might sound stupid but what should the first, title page look like?

(My IA is on Microeconomics -> market failure, negative externality of consumption of alcohol)

Thanks a lot!

Our economics teacher suggested that we try to structure it in this order:

• quick summary of article = one sentence
  • connect to syllabus point
  • Analysis (300 words): terms/ define, diagrams (what's happening?)  
  • Evaluation (400 words): who is affected? SR/LR?

It would be even better if you mix your analysis with your evaluation (so evaluate as you go along). Not quite sure about the title page though, sorry! Hope this helps.

• Like 2

I did my Micro IA in Market Failure too (positive externalities of consumption).

My structure for all my Econ IAs was always - a 2-3 line introduction about the article, summarising the key points. I then went straight into defining any key terms (in this case, it would be "positive externalities of consumption", "subsidy" etc.) Then I drew a diagram (only one), annotated/labelled everything important, explained and analysed the diagram. Finally, did my evaluation. Read through the IA Rubric though, it's pretty self-explanatory and detailed. Avoid 'waffling' around with your IA's - the word limit IS only 750 words! Don't try defining every single term, it's just a waste of word count. If you're allowed a draft (you should be, I think), try make your draft as good as possible so that your teacher can help you improve it to get the best mark possible, instead of having to start from scratch!

It gets better once you do your first IA - you can the gist of what exactly the assessor is looking for. Good luck!~