Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
omargaret

Extended essay research question help

I am having a hard time choosing a research question for my extended essay! I chose history as my subject and I am most interested in the French Revolution right now. I am mostly interested in the years leading up to the revolution, the revolution itself and Napoleons reign. (The terror, not so much) Some research questions I have thought of are:

1.) To what extent was Napoleon's reign similar to that of Louis XVI?

Is this to over done? Not original?

2.) To what extent did Abbey Sieyes contribute to the rise of a new society?

I'd appreciate any help I can get get!! :wub:

No, to #1. Definitely NOT a good EE topic. Shun it.

#2 definitely better. You'll be much better off with this one. Especially if there is some doubt/controversy over this.

Hope this helps.

2 people like this

No, to #1. Definitely NOT a good EE topic. Shun it.

#2 definitely better. You'll be much better off with this one. Especially if there is some doubt/controversy over this.

Hope this helps.

just out of curiosity, what's wrong with number 1? a lot of people i know are doing these comparison kind of questions

Looking back at my message, I may have been overly emphatic. Comparisons are fine, of course, but the problem with #1 is in the way it is phrased. It encourages a descriptive approach or even listing -- and to no apparent purpose. You may pass with that kind of topic but not much more.  Hopefully that makes things a little clearer.