Biology Paper 3 (Options)

Connor Grady

We did option F and G and they weren't too bad but I didn't some really silly mistakes link in the long question of G and in a short one for F just the kind of things that when you get out from the class they come to you and your just like "omg how stupid can I be?". But yeah I think it was too bad

I did options E (neurobiology and behaviour) and F (Microbiology), HL.

I was rather disappointed by how simple the questions were.... I actually tried to remember all the names for the eye, brain and ear structures, and studied everything in detail.... And all that option E asked was some silly short questions about behavior, the names of 2 psychoactive drugs and the sympathetic and parasympathetic nervous system...... Like really....

The only question i found hard was the Option F "give 2 reasons why the virus could have distributed like that" (I didnt even recall that being mentioned in the syllabus or studybooks, but i improvised and put some pretty valid guesses.)...And even so, the question wasnt exactly "hard".

For quesiton 2 in F I said that there can be different abiotic factors and different climate conditions, but that's what I had to know for the other option so I'm not sure they are right

I mentioned the differences in the environmental conditions and also the difference in the method of spreading the virus (meaning: does it transfer from bee to bee, or does the virus get transferred from another source/species...)...wasn't completely sure, especially since we are not talking about humans here..

Yeah, same but I guess they were just expecting possible answers to it

I was rather disappointed by how simple the questions were.... I actually tried to remember all the names for the eye, brain and ear structures, and studied everything in detail.... And all that option E asked was some silly short questions about behavior, the names of 2 psychoactive drugs and the sympathetic and parasympathetic nervous system...... Like really....

".

Yeah exactly.

I did option D and E.

The qs were rather nice and smooth and it was just a bless after the previous papers

I did option D (evolution) and option E (neuro & behavior) for HL

I thought they were both really easy. I just messed up the sympathetic / parasympathetic question for E, but that was just because I forgot how it affected the heart. But overall it really was easier than most of the past tests I've seen, so I'm pretty happy :)

• Like 1

We did option F and G and they weren't too bad but I didn't some really silly mistakes link in the long question of G and in a short one for F just the kind of things that when you get out from the class they come to you and your just like "omg how stupid can I be?". But yeah I think it was too bad

I did options E (neurobiology and behaviour) and F (Microbiology), HL.

The only question i found hard was the Option F "give 2 reasons why the virus could have distributed like that" (I didnt even recall that being mentioned in the syllabus or studybooks, but i improvised and put some pretty valid guesses.)...And even so, the question wasnt exactly "hard".

For quesiton 2 in F I said that there can be different abiotic factors and different climate conditions, but that's what I had to know for the other option so I'm not sure they are right

I mentioned the differences in the environmental conditions and also the difference in the method of spreading the virus (meaning: does it transfer from bee to bee, or does the virus get transferred from another source/species...)...wasn't completely sure, especially since we are not talking about humans here..

I did option E and G, both of them were really easy. I think calculating the diversity index needed a little more effort...

How did every one feel about Paper 3?

I did Options E and G and found them to be pretty easy minus one of the math questions on a DBQ (which every one in my class got different answers haha)

I do option E and G too, which time zone?

I did option G and E, but i can't remember which time zone the exam was. I had questions on types of inhibitory and exitatory drugs, label neurones, simpsons diversity index calculation which was hard!!

I did Options E and G and found them to be pretty easy minus one of the math questions on a DBQ (which every one in my class got different answers haha)

I do option E and G too, which time zone?

I'm TZ1. My DBQs were on the effect of an alga on other populations (ecology), and something to do with glucose levels of rats at different ages (neurobiology)

I did option G and E, but i can't remember which time zone the exam was. I had questions on types of inhibitory and exitatory drugs, label neurones, simpsons diversity index calculation which was hard!!

I did TZ2, there was the Simpons index, which I got 4.75....

damn it, then i got the simpsons diversity index wrong then.. haha i got such a big number..

I got that too but everyone around said its wrong, it should be something like 5. sth, you sure its right?

I got that too but everyone around said its wrong, it should be something like 5. sth, you sure its right?

Ya, I'm sure, first I got a random number, but then I calculated it properly....

I did options D and H for HL, I found them both pretty easy to be honest. The data analysis questions, especially the asthma one for option H, were basic interpretation of graphs and I got basically everything from the short answer questions in option D. I was so happy when I saw the 6 point Hardy-Weinberg Principle question, it's easy to show where it derives from and the assumptions for its use are essentially common sense once one understands what can change allele frequencies. Option H was a bit worse but still fine, the electron micrograph tripped me up and I partially blanked on the liver question but overall I think I did pretty well.

What did you write for the micrograph pic? I wrote microvilli and tight junctions :D

I also wrote the same and I'm pretty sure that it's correct ;)

really?, I got that too, and I was thinking that it is wrong. 

I did E and H (HL) and they were easier than I expected as I've done some much more complicated DBQ's during the bio classes :)

".

Yeah exactly.

I did option D and E.

The qs were rather nice and smooth and it was just a bless after the previous papers

I know right? I also did D and E for SL TZ1 and it was sooo easy, they didn´t ask to label anything in neurobiology, and the didn´t ask about any concrete data of human evolution or half-life

".

Yeah exactly.

I did option D and E.

I feel you. I was memorising like crazy and the questions were so simple. I spent a week studying paper 3 and I probably didn't even need to. 

• Like 1

I did E and H (HL) and they were easier than I expected as I've done some much more complicated DBQ's during the bio classes :)

Did you do TZ2? or TZ1?

".

Yeah exactly.

I did option D and E.

I feel you. I was memorising like crazy and the questions were so simple. I spent a week studying paper 3 and I probably didn't even need to. 

You actually found the paper easy? What options did you do? TZ2? :P