Biology Paper 3 (Options)

Connor Grady

I did option G and E, but i can't remember which time zone the exam was. I had questions on types of inhibitory and exitatory drugs, label neurones, simpsons diversity index calculation which was hard!!

You probably did TZ2 - I did the same options and got the same questions :P I don't remember labelling any neurons though... Unless you're SL :D 

I did HL and the exam was honestly not so great - not as easy as I expected it to be.

How did every one feel about Paper 3?

I did Options E and G and found them to be pretty easy minus one of the math questions on a DBQ (which every one in my class got different answers haha)

I did E and H (HL) and they were easier than I expected as I've done some much more complicated DBQ's during the bio classes :)

Did you do TZ2? or TZ1?

I was rather disappointed by how simple the questions were.... I actually tried to remember all the names for the eye, brain and ear structures, and studied everything in detail.... And all that option E asked was some silly short questions about behavior, the names of 2 psychoactive drugs and the sympathetic and parasympathetic nervous system...... Like really....

".

Yeah exactly.

I did option D and E.

The qs were rather nice and smooth and it was just a bless after the previous papers

I feel you. I was memorising like crazy and the questions were so simple. I spent a week studying paper 3 and I probably didn't even need to. 

You actually found the paper easy? What options did you do? TZ2? :P

I did A and E at SL TZ2. My teacher had us doing past papers for 6 months before the exam so all the questions I had encountered, I had seen at least a few times before and I knew the answer I needed to put to get max marks :)

I did Options E and G and found them to be pretty easy minus one of the math questions on a DBQ (which every one in my class got different answers haha)

I did E and H (HL) and they were easier than I expected as I've done some much more complicated DBQ's during the bio classes :)

Did you do TZ2? or TZ1?

I was rather disappointed by how simple the questions were.... I actually tried to remember all the names for the eye, brain and ear structures, and studied everything in detail.... And all that option E asked was some silly short questions about behavior, the names of 2 psychoactive drugs and the sympathetic and parasympathetic nervous system...... Like really....

".

Yeah exactly.

I did option D and E.

The qs were rather nice and smooth and it was just a bless after the previous papers

I feel you. I was memorising like crazy and the questions were so simple. I spent a week studying paper 3 and I probably didn't even need to. 

I did A and E at SL TZ2. My teacher had us doing past papers for 6 months before the exam so all the questions I had encountered, I had seen at least a few times before and I knew the answer I needed to put to get max marks :)

Ahhh alrighty :P That's great to hear. Good job in doing well!

• Like 1

Did you do TZ2? or TZ1?

".

Yeah exactly.

I did option D and E.

Ahhh alrighty :P That's great to hear. Good job in doing well!
TZ2 option E n D

Did you do TZ2? or TZ1?

".

Yeah exactly.

I did option D and E.

I don't remember but in E there was a dbq on bees and ethanol and at the end of option H there was a 6 point question about liver functions :)

Did you do TZ2? or TZ1?

".

Yeah exactly.

I did option D and E.

I don't remember but in E there was a dbq on bees and ethanol and at the end of option H there was a 6 point question about liver functions :)

Yep that's TZ2, I did option H too and got the 6 point about liver functions. Did you do well on it? I partially blanked so just wrote several short sentences with functions I was pretty sure of, so hopefully I get at least 5 points :P

I did options E (neurobiology and behaviour) and F (Microbiology), HL.

The only question i found hard was the Option F "give 2 reasons why the virus could have distributed like that" (I didnt even recall that being mentioned in the syllabus or studybooks, but i improvised and put some pretty valid guesses.)...And even so, the question wasnt exactly "hard".

I felt the exact same for option E! Glad someone else thought so too :/ quite disappointing... 

• Like 1

TZ1 and I definitely am satisfied with the options my teacher had pushed us towards doing which were D (evolution) and G (ecology). Definitely am very satisfied with how I did! Although some of the questions that related to the data section I stretched sooooo far, lol Â¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Edited by milanoly

I was stuck on the micrograph question for H, I was going to write 'microvilli' but decided otherwise and wrote some other crap, now I regret it. So glad about the parasympathetic and sympathetic question though, I actually understood that!

Well, @IBFreaked, this could be. They don't mark out of the book anymore, they scan in the boxes and any answer booklets you have and IB has this system called e-marking.

So, if you wrote outside the box, your answer could be cut to what you wrote within the box... I suppose at this point, it might be best to pray that your scanning person is 1) a person, not a machine and 2) notices the cutoff, and decides to be nice and scan the surrounding also.

Good luck, esp if you still have some more exams coming up (and this is why you use an answer booklet).