Can exercising count for CAS ?

Ozzy

Hi, I thought that the "A" in CAS was for activity, and I'm sure that means that engaging in physical activity would count.

However, I don't have access to learning a new sport. 

If someone were to do like a 10 day challenge of exercising and eating right, and they made a blog-page about their experience, couldn't that count for CAS? Its doing something new, challenging, and for health.

Edited by Rhoda

It's really dependent on the school, but if you can get a supervisor for your project and prove that it is legitimate, then you should be OK 

Though I do have to say, the purpose of CAS is to have a continuous presence of each criteria throughout your two years. If you are indeed sitting your exams now, I hope you have a previous record of activity as well. (Though the requirements do vary by school)

It doesn't even have to be exercise, as long as it is "physically exerting". For example, the Free the Children Club in our school organizes a 24 hour famine every year, in which participants must not eat any solid food for 24 hours to raise awareness for world hunger. Our IB coordinator says that since starving yourself is a physically exerting activity, it counts as Action. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hey! Just to tell you that I am doing Physical Fitness as well as my CAS activity and it is completely approved by my CAS teacher as she is my supervisor. Also you can use apps such as Strava to record your exercises and the time you spend in the gym or any other physical activities can be recorded, so even if oyu do not have a supervisor you can easily record the data and make it a CAS activity.