Answer booklet in Mathematics in Section B.

MadMadinson

Hi,

I have a question how to write a question number in the answer booklet in section B of mathematics appropriately. First of all, this is not a question about the questions itself in the exam, but a question about the tecnical part of writting question numbers of section B in the answer booklet. Today, we have written Paper 1. My question is what to do if we want to continue a question from first to second page. I know, that we need to write each question in a new page, but if we are continuing for example from page 1 to page 2, do we need to write the question number in both places. I know that in other subject there is no need to that, but i don't know if thats vaild in math too, because each of the question has to be at a new page. I have written the question number each time I have continuded a question from one page to another, but I don't know if that's correct. I have also heard somewhere that we need to write in a new answer booklet if we want to continue our answers of the question in section B, but i don't know if thats true. If I did wrong, will I lose any marks?

Edited by MadMadinson

Hi,

I have a question how to write a question number in the answer booklet in section B of mathematics appropriately. First of all, this is not a question about the questions itself in the exam, but a question about the tecnical part of writting question numbers of section B in the answer booklet. Today, we have written Paper 1. My question is what to do if we want to continue a question from first to second page. I know, that we need to write each question in a new page, but if we are continuing for example from page 1 to page 2, do we need to write the question number in both places. I know that in other subject there is no need to that, but i don't know if thats vaild in math too, because each of the question has to be at a new page. I have written the question number each time I have continuded a question from one page to another, but I don't know if that's correct. I have also heard somewhere that we need to write in a new answer booklet if we want to continue our answers of the question in section B, but i don't know if thats true. If I did wrong, will I lose any marks?

Hi!

I don't think you need to write the question number on each page. However, I do think that if you go from one booklet to the next, you must write the question number you're working on again on the 2nd booklet. Don't worry too much about it, if you have questions, I suggest asking your coordinator, but I'm sure people do this every year, and the IB is accustomed to different types of papers.