vish97

Thought it went much much better than paper 1 (TZ1)! Got through all of them (except ran out of time of stupid helicopter jumping man whatever he was doing, still mad that I'll lose that much points on it...) and it took me forever (like upwards 10 minutes hahaha) to figure out what I was doing wrong on the area of a triangle because I couldn't get the area below 10 cm^2 for awhile lol. But otherwise; no painful vector/plane/death questions! Hooray!  :D

• Like 1

Thought it went much much better than paper 1 (TZ1)! Got through all of them (except ran out of time of stupid helicopter jumping man whatever he was doing, still mad that I'll lose that much points on it...) and it took me forever (like upwards 10 minutes hahaha) to figure out what I was doing wrong on the area of a triangle because I couldn't get the area below 10 cm^2 for awhile lol. But otherwise; no painful vector/plane/death questions! Hooray!  :D

oh man haha in that case you're lucky! I'm TZ2 and we had an entire vector question in section B though it wasn't that difficult to do!

I did TZ2 (I think...) and during the exam, I thought it was horrible, but looking back on it, I thought it was better than I felt it was (or at least hope it was).

In the section B farmer question (sorry, that's as specific as I can remember -_- ) what did you guys do for the question that asked what the probability of 30 out of 100 turnips weighing more than a specific weight?

I did TZ2 (I think...) and during the exam, I thought it was horrible, but looking back on it, I thought it was better than I felt it was (or at least hope it was).

In the section B farmer question (sorry, that's as specific as I can remember -_- ) what did you guys do for the question that asked what the probability of 30 out of 100 turnips weighing more than a specific weight?

First probability that one turnip weighs more than that specific given (using normal distribution), then you use binomial because you have a given nr. of turnips. At least that's how I've done it, not impossible I got it wrong. :D

Btw, random fact, I had no idea what's a turnip until now. And that question with the goat was so cute!! Gruff. :3

First probability that one turnip weighs more than that specific given (using normal distribution), then you use binomial because you have a given nr. of turnips. At least that's how I've done it, not impossible I got it wrong. :D

Btw, random fact, I had no idea what's a turnip until now. And that question with the goat was so cute!! Gruff. :3

I couldn't stop laughing in the examination. They named the goat!! Like wow.. so specific XD 

• Like 3

I'm also TZ2 and I almost started laughing in the middle of the exam when I read that they had named the goat :P

I think I did better in this one than in part one. Overall it wasn't too difficult although I almost run out of time.

Edited by Cris_101
  • Like 2

oh man haha in that case you're lucky! I'm TZ2 and we had an entire vector question in section B though it wasn't that difficult to do!

We did? o.O Not for tz2 in paper2? Or Im I missing something? O.o

We did? o.O Not for tz2 in paper2? Or Im I missing something? O.o

Oh sorry SL kid here :D I thought it was Math SL discussion :DD I almost panicked that my paper was incomplete :D 

I found some of the questions time consuming. My paper 1 was much better than paper 2:/ I think I lost like 35 marks on paper 2.

Hate this paper, because you need also to know how to use your calculator:C I suck at it

Edited by Yuki Kuran
  • Like 1

Normal to binomial

Hi,

I gave the TZ2 exam...

Anyone else saw a conflict in the last question in the paper?

First part was prove these two lines are skewed...

And then later on in the question it asked for the point of intersection.

Isn't skewed by definition non-intersecting?

What happened?

Was that a trick question? Or have I totally misinterpreted the question. :P

Hi,

I gave the TZ2 exam...

Anyone else saw a conflict in the last question in the paper?

First part was prove these two lines are skewed...

And then later on in the question it asked for the point of intersection.

Isn't skewed by definition non-intersecting?

What happened?

Was that a trick question? Or have I totally misinterpreted the question. :P

Oh no.. They asked to find a line perpendicular to the given lines and its point of intersection with each of the lines... :P