Tips to study for Gr.11 Biology Final

emilee.lamond

What I did to study for my Bio HL exam 2 weeks ago was that I went through each individual objective and wrote it down, understood it and then verbally spoke it to make sure I fully understand the concept. I would suggest that you do something similar by getting a list of things you need to know for your exam and then writing down answers and speaking it verbally to make sure you understand it. Also, do a little bit a day and set goals and make sure you understand the content from the day before, before you start on the next chapter.

For bio, know your command terms well and flashcards are great for helping you to understand/recall concepts (if you don't want to do them by hand, I suggest using Quizlet). Look through your textbook and do the review questions in them and also, skim through the readings. If your exam is a mock IB exam, it helps to look at your syllabus so you know what you have to know and what you don't have to know. It's good that you started studying btw cuz it's not something you can pull off the night before. :P 

Use websites such as BioNinja and IB BIO Guides for review. They provide a summary of almost everything you need to know for each chapter. Also, try to google past bio exam questions so you can get the gist of how you should approach a question. Also, you probably wouldn't have to worry about studying from the new text, since IB has not released the new question bank yet (please correct me if I'm wrong). The outcomes are more clearly stated in the old curriculum, so I personally find it easier to study with.