Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Hongyi Chen

I'm moving...but my IB school is out of the boundary...

So next September, I will be starting the Pre-IB program at St. Roberts CHS. However, I'm moving. Consequently, my house is not in the boundary of the IB school. Does this affect me? Do boundaries only apply to normal attendance and not optional attendance? I can still attend St. Roberts CHS in the fall right? 

Thank you to anyone who can assist me. 

In my area, if you move it changes things a bit. For example, a guy in my freshman IB class moved halfway through freshman year and had to transfer to a different IB program. Depending on how it works in your area, I'd make an educated guess that you'll either get to stay at your school (even though you aren't zoned) or be transferred to another IB school closer to your new place of residence. Sorry if that was a bit vague, but I hope it helped 

1 person likes this

I think it really depends on where you live, but where I live, if your school's your designated at first and you move, you would still not jeopardize your chances of staying in that school. 

1 person likes this

As ShootingStar and Chloe mentioned, it really depends on the school. Here in PEI, there are only 2 IB schools, so people from around the province come to my school for IB. Give your school a call or an e-mail and ask. That's the only way you can know for sure :)

1 person likes this