Internal Assessment Time Allocation

Yugalarex

Hi guys,

I remember reading this somewhere on the ibo website or somewhere about students being entitled to ten hours within school to complete their math internal assessment. First question is, are we allowed ten hours?

Second thing is, my school has said that we are and they took us off lessons for a day to teach us about the internal assessment: what makes a good one, marking samples and how to achieve high marks in each criteria. This took about five hours. Note that at this point we hadn't figured out what we were going to do, we had no idea what our IA was to be about. They told us to pick at the end of this time and said that five of our ten hours within school had been those five hours of introducing us to the IA. Is this allowed...?

The IA can also be done outside of school. For my Maths SL IA, a majority of mine was done at home or in the library. We were given instructions as to how to format the IA, different parts, requirements, etc., as well as samples.

For a majority of the IAs, you'll have to take them home and work on them. It sucks, but yeah you'll have to work on it at home.

So, yes, it is allowed. Sorry :(