I'm currently thinking of topics to do my italian written task about, and i can hardly think of any. Our word limit is 250-350 words only and the topic should be a comparison between two cultures, one of your own choice, and italian culture. I'm doing my comparison between lebanese culture and italian culture. other people in my class are doing things like comparing breakfast, activities, sports, food, or even weddings. I didn't want to do the typical things but something more interesting or more specific. any ideas?

IB markers will like things that show that you have a 'world view' and that you are a 'global citizen'. Try tackling a topic that is a world issue, for example global warming, health or the world refugee crisis (which Italy plays a key role in). If you are interested compare the culture and attitudes surrounding one of those topics, you should do well, depending on your language skill and it's an interesting problem which you can apply your own opinion to.

Choosing an opinionated issue will also help for the oral assessment as your teacher will ask you about your written assignment and what you found the challenging within the topic

(I recently finished Italian in the May session)

• Like 1