Maths IA - I have an idea but it needs development and your help please!

simransawhney

So I've been trying to come up with a Maths IA topic for about a month now and my teacher isn't helping at all, whatsoever. I know he's not meant to help that much but I've always been bad at Maths investigations so this is stressing me out.

Here are the ideas so far:

- Probability of getting a shot into the pocket in pool: comparing a close yet awkward angle shot to a far yet ideal angle shot 

- Profit maximisation (involves econometrics)

- Minimum/maximum point in roller-coasters

- Projectile motion and calculating the maximum point (I don't know what exactly to calculate the motion of)

I have all these ideas and a vague idea of the maths involved but I don't really know exactly how to use the maths and what else I would need to do in the actual investigation. For example, I know that maximisation would involve getting data, somehow differentiating it, and now I'm stuck.

I need to get the proposal to my teacher in 2 days and I've given him all these ideas and more but he's turned them down for lack of development of the idea. 

Please please help!

Edited by simransawhney