What's the difference between IB data management and IB functions?

poweroverwhelming

Hi,

I'm taking IB data management SL next year (2016), what's the difference between it and functions SL? Also, is it possible to get a syllabus of what I'll be learning next year so that I can get ahead and really get great at math?

Thanks!!!

What is data management/functions SL?? Do you mean IB Maths standard level? or studies standard level? 

Hi,

I'm taking IB data management SL next year (2016), what's the difference between it and functions SL? Also, is it possible to get a syllabus of what I'll be learning next year so that I can get ahead and really get great at math?

Thanks!!!

What is data management/functions SL?? Do you mean IB Maths standard level? or studies standard level? 

This is what my school offers the courses as. One is Data Management, which is Maths SL, but there's also Functions, which also is Maths SL. 

A copy of the official IB SL Math syllabus (first examinations 2014) can be accessed on IBS: http://www.ibsurvival.com/files/file/2388-mathematics-sl-first-examinations-2014/

You can see from the download the general topics that IB will test you on in the papers. Specific paper questions you should ask from your teacher or from elsewhere.

From my guesses about Data Managment (note Topic numbers see attached link): Topic 4: Vectors (maybe, or partially), Topic 5 Stats and Probability (for sure)
and Functions: Topics 1, 2, 3 (Algebra, Functions and Equations, Circular Functions and Trignometry) 
Although 1.3 binomial coefficients may also be data management (DM). 

I'm from Ontario, at my school we the HL students did Vectors in DM.