Same company for business IA and EE?

Hi :D  I'm in business SL and I'll be doing my EE on business. I was planning on using the company my dad is working in for my EE, but I can't find another business for the IA. So I was wondering whether I can center my IA and EE around the same business (but choose a different topic)?

Thanks a lot

Hey so I don't take business but I'm pretty sure you wont be allowed to do this. My friend is doing an EE in Physics and he wanted to do something related to basketball, but he wasn't allowed to do something related to basketball for his Maths IA because he was doing t for physics. He wanted to explore it from totally different viewpoints, so I feel like this wont be allowed. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi there! I'm taking Business HL and currently working on my EE.

I'm using my dad's company for IA and another company for my EE. EE should be based more on secondary research rather than primary research.

In my opinion, it's much safer if you're using famous company for EE. You'll get more information online too. But whether using the same company, I don't know. I think you should ask your IB coordinator or your Business & Management teacher.

This is from EE Guide on Business Management section:

"Students should use as the basis of their extended essay secondary data, supported, where appropriate, by primary research. The sole use of secondary sources will allow students access to all levels of the extended essay assessment criteria. (Note that this is the reverse of the approach required in the HL internal assessment component of the business and management course, where primary research takes precedence.)"

I hope it helps! :")

Edited by rhapsodysiscaa
  • Like 1