Retaking Economics in November

Hi,

So i plan on retaking my Economics exam in November but its been a few years since i finished the IB (2013). I had SL Economics but i'm a little confused as to what chapters in the book are relevant to me and what chapters are HL only, which i don't have to think about. The book does have some indicators that show which chapters are HL, but i remember being required to know some HL content despite being SL.  I'm also using the 'Oxford Economics course companion' book if that helps.

Thanks ! :)

I would suggest looking through the syllabus and cross-referencing the portions of your book that you need to know that way. It always helps to know the syllabus inside out because more often than not questions will directly ask for one of the assessment statements in the syllabus. It can even happen that they literally copy the sentence and put it in the exam as a question.

Hi,

Bguloglu is right, check the syllabus in the Economics guide - First examinations 2013. It's on pp. 16-78 and they have a separate column for the SL syllabus. If you're in trouble, feel free to ask me any IB Econ related questions.

On a different note, bguloglu, well-done!!! Usually about 0.3% of students score 45 :) Have a good time in Oxford and make the most of it.

Cheers,

EconDaddy

IB Economics tutor and examiner

www.econdaddy.com

• Like 1