English B - Lord of the Rings

Guest benkenobi1111

Guest benkenobi1111

Hello IB survivors

I need an opinion if writting an EE in J.R.R Tolkien series is ok? I heard that it isn't recommended to choose and that EE based on those are getting poorly graded.

Also i need an opinion if my RQ is appropirate ? " What factors and themes play a role in the title’s One Ring impact on protagonists and antagonists behavior?†Is it good enough to study ? And not to wide/narrow ? It was accepted by my supervisor but I'm not sure if it's appropirate.

Any posts welcome :) Thx in advance

Edited by benkenobi1111

I'd say the text is linguistically appropriate but the question isn't great. It's very broad - especially for a language-based essay, your 4000 words will fill up far quicker than you'd like. In addition, the two elements (themes and character behaviour) aren't really connected - it's not literary themes that motivate character actions. You need to direct it more to achieve maximum grades in the criteria regarding focus of the question etc.

Guest benkenobi1111

So maybe how about "What is the role of lust for power in the One Ring impact on protagonists and antagonists behavior?" or "How does the lust for power plays a role in the One Ring impact on protagonists and antagonists behavior?" What you think?

Edited by benkenobi1111

Guest benkenobi1111

If you were me would you fill in the limit? Just hypothetically

And also do you think that this topic is enough to achieve a decent grade B or C? Maybe it sucks in all the way, and I should change it?