English Lang Lit SL written task on doll's house

I was planning to do my written task on Doll's house by Henrik Ibsen from part 3 of our course, and I was hoping I would work on a diary entry by Nora.

So I just wanted to clarify if it is okay to change the setting or time period of the play? such as set it in a modern time or change its cultural context. 

Any help appreciated 

Hi I studied this play in HL Literature

Having just looked at the 2013 guide for SL L&L, I think diary entry in an alternative era is perfectly fine. People in our class did something similar for our HL Literature IOPs, 

From the official guide

Once students have decided on their area of study and their particular title, they are free to produce any text type that is appropriate to the task. For example, a written task discussing the representation of an aspect of gender from part 1 could be written as a newspaper editorial (see the example in the following table). Another example might be an imagined journal entry from a character in one of the novels studied

I was planning to do my written task on Doll's house by Henrik Ibsen from part 3 of our course, and I was hoping I would work on a diary entry by Nora.

So I just wanted to clarify if it is okay to change the setting or time period of the play? such as set it in a modern time or change its cultural context. 

Any help appreciated 

This is really late sorry!

I take SL Lang Lit too, so I have hands on experience of the course.

If you do change the setting and/or time period, make sure you justify it in the Rationale, e.g it could imply that the themes presented in the play are universal/timeless, and aren't limited to any one time period.

Good luck!