Economics topic review

Hey all,

I decided to do my EE on economics and i came up up with the topic "To what extent has the government intervention in the market for films lead to rise in demand in south India? :) " and i will do it with micro (tax, elasticity, externalities). The reason i came up with this topic is I'm living in tamilnadu part of south India, here government intervened all the theaters to set their price at Rs:120 maximum :P . No theaters can exceed it. So i thought i can do my EE on this topic. Any suggestion for do's and don't. where to concentrate more on micro and review of my topic from your view point. :D .

here government intervened all the theaters to set their price at Rs:120 maximum :P . No theaters can exceed it. So i thought i can do my EE on this topic.

not true bro

i was in tamilnadu last week and watched a movie for 1000 rs for 4 people, that's 250 rs per person in a mall...

• Like 1

also the question "To what extent has the government intervention in the market for films lead to rise in demand in south India?"

seems a bit too wordy and vague in respect to what you're going to talk about (you say in demand, but in demand of what?, i dont think they're going to demand anything)

you could change "market for films" to "on the film market" and  change the word 'intervention' to "stipulated cap"

so it should be something like "to what extent has the government's stipulated cap on the film market lead the rise in demand in south india?"

its just a suggestion to make it look better, but im not saying that my question is perfect as it is now...

after all, you get 2 points for a clearly focused question

• Like 1

yes bro thankz for the suggestion,,. your RQ looks pretty better than mine. And yes it is Rs120 maximum in all the theaters and that's a rule by the government, maybe you would have watched in a town where the theaters are asking for extra money( not obeying the rule). But in the cities it is strictly followed.