BM IA suggestion

hey people,

I'm doing my bm IA on a car parts manufacturing company which distributes parts to Toyota , Nissan, Tata, Hyundai. The problem they are currently facing is, "the competitors they have". the reason they are lagging behind is because their competitors produce more innovative parts than them and their prices are really low comparing to this company. So i need suggestion on what tools to use for my IA and how to go about it.  

PEACE,!

• 2 weeks later...

Well, it depends in which area of syllabus you are doing your IA. But here some ideas:

So, I would definitely recommend doing PEST and SWOT analyses as they will enable you to asses internal and external factors that affect your business (obviously, competition will be one of them). You might use Positioning Map where you assess your business's product regarding to competitors' using two criteria: price and quality. Then you might want to have a look at Boston Matrix which involves comparing your product to competitors' products by considering market share and market growth. It might be a good idea to use Porters' Five Forces. This model identifies and analyzes 5 competitive forces that shape every industry, and helps determine an industry's weaknesses and strengths. 

Overall, it is better not to overburden your IA with various tools. So, it is better if you concentrate on using 3 or 4.

Good luck!

Edited by Fiona
  • Like 1