Biology extended essay- help with title refinement

GitteVermeer

Hi! 

I'm almost finished writing my extended essay, but I can't seem to get a good title :/ My essay is in Biology. It is about internal navigation. Basically, in the hypothalamus and the entorhinal cortex there are two different types of cells called place cells and grid cells that together create a sort of internal map of an environment. I combined this research with the research concerning differences in the brains of males and females to come up with these two research questions:

"Can humans find their way back to a place without visual or audible stimuli?"

"Is the sense of direction of a human affected by whether the individual is male or female?"

I did an experiment which showed that males were slightly better at navigation (to my dismay haha) because of their larger parietal cortex and the increased number of back to front connections which allow for faster communication between the hypothalamus and the entorhinal cortex. 

Now, I've  done extensive research and I've written most of my essay, I'm just really worried about my title... I can't seem to get something that's not too long but still includes sufficient information of what the essay is about. 

Some of the things I have tried are:

A study of the human subconscious ability to navigate from one place to another

A study of the potential differences in sense of direction or navigation between human males and females

But yeah... nothing sounds right... I was wondering whether anyone here had any good tips on what I could try? 

I have no idea what any of the larger words in your post mean because I've used every rule and excuse in the book to not study biology since Grade 7 (and succeeded!). But I do understand what it is you are trying to state, so I've given it a whirl. How does this sound:

"The role of gender in a human's subconscious abilitiy to navigate from one place to another."

Note: I am sorry if that makes no sense "biology-wise," I'm serious about not having a clue on the subject.

• Like 1

Oh that's actually a really good one!! And sorry about the bio jargon haha, I thought that maybe it would help if I put lots of information. But this is actually really good! Thank you so much! I'm definitely going to run that one by my EE supervisor when school starts again.