EE English B - search of the topic

szlekjacob

Hello!

My topic for EE is:

To what extend Tolkien's vision of the Hobbit's world is changed in the Peter Jacon's film trilogy?

And it is accepted by my coordinator, but she hasn't told me anything more about it (fresh teacher). So what can I do actually? I want to focus on significant differences between the book and the films, and to discuss why are they made, and what is achieved thanks to them. Is it proper thinking for EE? And the most important - is it withing the EE guide requirements? What should I avoid?

Thank you very much in advance. EE and Geography IA are the things I am scared the most.

Hope you give me some good advises :)

Edited by szlekjacob

Or, may I write something like this?

What are the differences between Joker played by Ledger and the one play by Nicholson?

I don't know if I've formulated it in a "IB" way, but in EE with this topic I'd like to cover everything about those two Jokers, their similarities and differences, etc. I think it is narrow enough, because I would work withing one theme. 

What do you think?

I thought English B EE needs to include books rather than films. The topic above is again too ambiguous and is not working with a theme. You should try to choose an actual theme you have worked on during your lesson and focus on that.

If you do really poorly on your EE and TOK then you won't receive the diploma. You need to get at least a D from both EE and TOK to pass. But why would you choose a topic that you know will not be good enough and risk losing points/failing when you can just narrow it down or change to a better topic?