Business IA

Well, for any Business and Management IA it is recommended to conduct both PEST and SWOT analyses. However, according to some guides that I stumbled upon they are not obligatory in some cases. However, if you are doing IA on HR then it is a good idea to look how external and internal factors in both SWOT and PEST analyses affect the labour, its productivity, motivation and etc. Depending on your topic, you might want to have a look at motivational models such as Maslow's pyramid, Mayo's Theory, Herzberg's theory, Adam's equity theory and many more. Also I think it is worth considering leadership theories as well.

To be honest it all depends on your research question that you are trying to find an answer to. So, if you are even doing IA on HR, you might try applying Boston Matrix, Ansoff's Matrix, Product Positioning Map, Porters' Five Forces or Force Field Analysis. Plus, as far as I understand you do not need to concentrate solely on one aspect of the syllabus. Maybe at some point you will realize that you need to look at finances as well in order to understand the situation better. And maybe for that you will need to conduct a break-even analysis? However, it is also important to not overburden your IA with a lot of topics... So, frankly speaking I would recommend using 3 - 4 tools since you will need to present your findings on them and then discuss and analyse all possibilities.

There are a lot of tools in Operation Management that you might apply to your project as well. For example, decision tree...

It would be great if you could specify what kind of problem you will be researching in your IA since I am just giving you the list of various tools at the moment. Actually, are you doing B&M SL or HL?

For further reference, try looking at this links:

http://www.riverwoodinternationalcharterschool.org/schoolsite-legacy/images/stories/Summer2012CareerTech.pdf - this is the guide with detailed description on how to write the IA

http://joannepugsley.cmswiki.wikispaces.net/file/view/HL+Sample+2.pdf - this is a sample of one of the IA's I found on the Internet

Hope this somehow helps!

• Like 1

• 5 years later...
On 8/6/2015 at 7:45 AM, Fiona said:

Well, for any Business and Management IA it is recommended to conduct both PEST and SWOT analyses. However, according to some guides that I stumbled upon they are not obligatory in some cases. However, if you are doing IA on HR then it is a good idea to look how external and internal factors in both SWOT and PEST analyses affect the labour, its productivity, motivation and etc. Depending on your topic, you might want to have a look at motivational models such as Maslow's pyramid, Mayo's Theory, Herzberg's theory, Adam's equity theory and many more. Also I think it is worth considering leadership theories as well.

To be honest it all depends on your research question that you are trying to find an answer to. So, if you are even doing IA on HR, you might try applying Boston Matrix, Ansoff's Matrix, Product Positioning Map, Porters' Five Forces or Force Field Analysis. Plus, as far as I understand you do not need to concentrate solely on one aspect of the syllabus. Maybe at some point you will realize that you need to look at finances as well in order to understand the situation better. And maybe for that you will need to conduct a break-even analysis? However, it is also important to not overburden your IA with a lot of topics... So, frankly speaking I would recommend using 3 - 4 tools since you will need to present your findings on them and then discuss and analyse all possibilities.

There are a lot of tools in Operation Management that you might apply to your project as well. For example, decision tree...

It would be great if you could specify what kind of problem you will be researching in your IA since I am just giving you the list of various tools at the moment. Actually, are you doing B&M SL or HL?

For further reference, try looking at this links:

http://www.riverwoodinternationalcharterschool.org/schoolsite-legacy/images/stories/Summer2012CareerTech.pdf - this is the guide with detailed description on how to write the IA

http://joannepugsley.cmswiki.wikispaces.net/file/view/HL+Sample+2.pdf - this is a sample of one of the IA's I found on the Internet

Hope this somehow helps!

Hi do you still have access to link 2, that would be very helpful for me. I cannot access to link number 2