The research question : How does the light intensity affect the rate of photosynthesis ? 

Procedure : I am going to use leaf(money plant) discs, and remove all the air bubbles using a syringe, thus it will sink when put in any solution. Place them in the solution of bicarbonate in distilled water. Take different samples of these and place them with a distance of 30cm, 40cm, 50cm, 60cm and 70cm from a single light source one by one. And note down the time taken by all the 10 discs in the solution in one beaker to rise. 

Problem : I was ready with the set-up for the experiment. And had finished the experimenting the 30cm  calculations. But my teacher said that this might not seek you good grades. 

I have no clue what to do. I am in a dilemma: should i continue or should i think of something and start from the scratch ? 

Please help me out ! 

Thank you so much:) 

I think your teacher is right that it won't get you good marks (sorry :P) because the question has an obvious answer (as light intensity increases, the rate of photosynthesis increases). Your topic can't be something that could be answered in a few sentences. It's true you can have a very easy topic and still get a high mark if you write it up well and if your RQ is focused, but your RQ can't be those "is water wet" questions. Maybe do something else that involves photosynthesis?