Need advice for possible EE

nightshae007

Hey guys, I was wondering if it was acceptable to write an EE about the history about the relation between S. Korea and Japan. Is it a better idea to focus on one factor (e.g. politics, or economy) or a certain time period (e.g. 1900s) or is it better to look from a broader perspective? 

This is a good place to start, but you definitely need to narrow it down. 4,000 words is never going to be enough to cover the entire history between South Korea and Japan, hell, a whole book sometimes wouldn't suffice for a topic that broad.

Narrow down and focus your Research Question as much as humanly possible. Limit it to a specific time period for sure.

I would advise you that the best History essays tend to focus on a specific event, e.g., an invasion, a war, something else along those lines. Writing an EE on the relationship between South Korea and Japan is very vague and I'm not sure how you're going to bring in an analytical/argumentative slant to your essay, which a successful History EE needs.

• Like 1

Of course it’s acceptable to write about history of relation between S.Korea and Japan!!!

I love kind of topic and regret not writing on it. Its certainly better to have a narrow and if possible, niche topic rather than having a broader perspective. There could be so much to do with this!!! One obvious topic would be Japan’s annexation of Korea but even this would be too broad. You could focus on cultural impact, cause of such annexation, foreign reaction to this annexation. There were also mutual cultural influence between the two countries long long ago and you could choose a time period to investigate on this. Another example could be how one country viewed another in some time period (e.g/ thought it was superior or inferior or culturally diverse).

Hope you find an interesting topic and write a good EE!

• Like 1