What will future generations condemn us for?

Xavier

Hello again intelligent IB survivalists!

What are we doing "wrong", what will future generations look back at us and criticize?

If we recognize these issues is it too late to change? Will we change?

Looking forward to your answers!

Edited by Xavier
  • Like 1

Definitely the handling of the refugee crisis. Can't forget 21st century *colonization* I.E The Iraq invasion, Regime change in Libya, Israeli occupation of Palestine etc ect. 

There's alot more but I'm just going to put those 2 out there..

Honestly tho I'm so annoyed like what even is the point of the study of history if we're only to repeat past mistakes? Why are world leaders so corrupt? It's 20 flipping 15???????

• Like 1

I don't think its right to condemn us collectivley about anything. I think most of people cannot affect decisions leaders make so much they could really be count responsible. However that's not reason to try to change what one can. For example I became vegan because meat production consumes a lot of resources. Its miniscule effect from me alone, but drops form a river and someone has to be the first drop.

• Like 1

Definitely the handling of the refugee crisis. Can't forget 21st century *colonization* I.E The Iraq invasion, Regime change in Libya, Israeli occupation of Palestine etc ect. 

Honestly tho I'm so annoyed like what even is the point of the study of history if we're only to repeat past mistakes? Why are world leaders so corrupt? It's 20 flipping 15???????

Aren't many of us already condemning the Iraq war and the other restless issues we have in the middle east? Corruption is pretty much the same thing, though I did have a hilarious conversation with a friend, who said that e.g. taking bribes isn't corrupt if done legally XD.

Haha many of us are thankfully! But I hear far more condemnations of ISIS than the Iraq "war" which is at best, ironic.

Aren't many of us already condemning the Iraq war and the other restless issues we have in the middle east? Corruption is pretty much the same thing, though I did have a hilarious conversation with a friend, who said that e.g. taking bribes isn't corrupt if done legally XD.

Haha many of us are thankfully! But I hear far more condemnations of ISIS than the Iraq "war" which is at best, ironic.

Well, ISIS has taken a step ahead by making executions a cruel show. Even if Iraq war wasnt in my opinion right by any means I think ISIS is taking it a step further than American government at those times. Thankfully Iraq war is over now.

Errr, the atrocities committed by the US army to the Iraqi civilian population are equal or paramount to the crimes of ISIS, which got its arming and funding from? The US. 

Also, if beheadings were such a concern to the US, why the chummy relationship w Saudi Arabia? Lets be honest, the US does not gaf about human rights, only its interests.

Errr, the atrocities committed by the US army to the Iraqi civilian population are equal or paramount to the crimes of ISIS, which got its arming and funding from? The US. 

Also, if beheadings were such a concern to the US, why the chummy relationship w Saudi Arabia? Lets be honest, the US does not gaf about human rights, only its interests.

US also doesn't actively seek to slaugher people unlike ISIS. Plus, in my opinion human right things on US have developed even a bit during Obama's time.

Sadly I would have to agree with you, my country continues to elect officials that would be better off not even seeing the light of the cameras. We are already looked down upon as the fools of the world, but we are also the warmongering capitalists. That will be the legacy we leave behind, noisy idiots who care nothing for anyone else. Though I could mark up the whole situation with saudi arabia as attempt not to get oil prices raised to unbearable prices, our country runs on oil, so without it everyone (including corporations) suffer.

However I would like to see proof or statistics that indicate that the US is funding ISIS. To me that is a bit of a leap, none of our future leaders want to go down as the Bush disciples, and the US as a whole is agaisnt another war.

I think our wastage of clean drinking water will be considered ridiculous in a decade or so. Our outdated toilets use litres of purified potable water to flush away our waste, and our water reserves are depleting and droughts are becoming more and more frequent.

Also, our use of antibiotics! At some point, if we continue to hand out antibiotic prescriptions like lollypops, humans will be at risk of dying from a common flu, because bacteria are all developing resistance. We aren't developing antibiotics fast enough at all to catch up with mutating bacteria!

Sadly I would have to agree with you, my country continues to elect officials that would be better off not even seeing the light of the cameras. We are already looked down upon as the fools of the world, but we are also the warmongering capitalists. That will be the legacy we leave behind, noisy idiots who care nothing for anyone else. Though I could mark up the whole situation with saudi arabia as attempt not to get oil prices raised to unbearable prices, our country runs on oil, so without it everyone (including corporations) suffer.

However I would like to see proof or statistics that indicate that the US is funding ISIS. To me that is a bit of a leap, none of our future leaders want to go down as the Bush disciples, and the US as a whole is agaisnt another war.

I don't have the proof that the US is funding ISIS, and frankly no one else does either. Yet.

But the weapons that ISIS is using are almost 60% American. And that claim has more than enough proof. In fact, there has even been one case where a supply drop (full of American weapons) landed right in the hands of the ISIS group. The Pentagon accepted the claim publicly, but blamed it on the wind (yes, the wind).

But where did the rest of the military vehicles, tanks, missile systems and thousands of guns come from, you ask?

The USA. Indirectly, though. Remember the infamous Iraq War, well the US had left behind a trove of costly military hardware, including U.S.-made armored Humvees, trucks, rockets, machine guns and even a helicopter once they decided that playtime was over. The grand total is estimated to come to $656 million worth of weaponry and equipment. You might say that it was the Iraqi Government's fault for letting it get in their hands, which is true to a certain degree. However, the fact that there are weapons there in the first place, not to mention for all the wrong reasons (need i mention "weapons of mass destruction"), is clearly the USA's fault. 

The US is not funding ISIL. However, our recent policies and actions in the middle east are partially the reason why groups such as ISIL exist and continue to grow.

To stay on topic, we are going to be condemned for destroying the environment and wiping out many species of animals (people don't care about the little bugs and fish, but they care a lot about the big animals like rhinos and lions).