PERSONAL PROJECT!

So I've been introduced to the personal project this year and one of the first tasks is to choose your topic. this seems the most difficult part for me! i have absolutely no idea what to do.

i know the topic that i choose has to be one that can be researched about, but there are so many things im interested in doing i find it very hard to choose one. so if you would please help me!!

im really interested in chemistry, community service or anything involving animals :) i would be elated if you could help me decide what to do for my project!

I would suggest choosing something you know you won't be able to do later on in high school. Something completely new that you'd enjoy researching and creating throughout the year without it feeling like a chore. And do something that you don't know much about so you expose yourself to a new experience and learn skills you didn't have before.

• Like 1

I've never heard the term 'personal project' where I go to school...Is it  your IA's or EE?

I agree with IbTrojan. Some teachers recommend investigating something in your class syllabus so it will help you prepare for the final exams. However, I did something WAY out of the syllabus and to be honest it didn't really affect my studying time.

Good luck choosing!

• 2 weeks later...

I remember personal project! I think that the structure changed from when I did it two years ago.

The trick is to choose something that you are really passionate about. The nice thing about the personal project is that it teaches you to complete a task 'on your own', similar to the way in which you will have to complete the extended essay.

You can pretty much study anything that you want, as long as it fits into the criteria. A popular project at my school was making a booklet/pamphlet on an issue. You don't have to make something physical though. You could maybe raise money for an animal shelter, create a chemistry club at your school etc.

Have fun with it! Just a word of caution: When you turn in your final report, make sure that your title page has all of the necessary things on it, like your name, school and word count. A lot of students lost marks in my year because they forgot to state really basic things on their title pages.