Math SL IA

MariamXO

Hello I start school in about a week and I was told my teachers that I should have my IA planned or have a rough draft about our topic. I've chosen to do my IA on Pascal's triangle and look into the patterns that are found. As I have looked into it I still love the topic but I feel as though the IB examiners will look down on the topic because its already well understood and the patterns have been explained very well already. I was going to explain the patterns found in Pascal's triangle and explain the math and what each pattern can relate to. Do you think that is a good plan? The other aspect I wanted to go in was to explain the patterns in pascal's triangle as well as talk about how pascal's triangle and be used in real life, but I feel as if I do that it won't be as organized as the other aspect I was going to do. I'm starting to panic because I love math and it is usually my strongest subject but I feel that with this IA my mark will be very low. 

Hello Mariam!

Yeah, that topic has been grounded out pretty much. Choose something else that you find interesting! Perhaps modeling something might be cool. You should choose a topic that hasn't really been delved into before; something unique. 

cheers,

-theswizzlerbruh