EE English A - The role of women in Disney films - probable?

Norbert

So this would be the plan outline the EE:

RQ: How and why  have the roles of female protagonists developed in the films “Snow White and the Seven Dwarfsâ€, “The Little Mermaid†and “Tangled†by Walt Disney?

Hypotheses: 

• The female protagonists have changed from the submissive “maiden in distress†stereotype to the more dominant “independent woman†stereotype.

• The changes in the roles were influenced by the depiction and role of women in society during those time eras.

Work process:

1. Research the role of women during the time eras of the films

2. Research Disney's female character policy

3. Watch the films and look for proof in the actions, behaviour, attitude and relations with other characters of the protagonist.

4. Compare the films and link them to the background material

5. Reach a conclusion

It would try to fit under the 3rd category dealing with cultural context. The audience would be the modern, western, English-speaking society of today (of which I am part of as well), as in what can we see and deduct from those movies with provided hindsight and historical knowledge.
My question is, would this be possible under the 3rd criteria? I feel that the language part could be lacking, althought there would be some quotes from characters within the films that address the protagonist and some literary features could be analyzed, but I feel it might perhaps be ltoo marginal, which would result in failing the EE as it does not fit under any criteria. Tthe films are lacking in viable language analysis anyway as they are mostly visual texts.

And, hypothetically speaking, if this plan were to have already passed 2 forms and EE presentations and done up to point 4. and the essay WOULD NOT fall under any category, then:

1. To what category could on fit that EE?

2. What could one do to adjust it to the English A criterion 3?

3. How should one proceed?

I will be contacting my teacher as well, but constructive opinions and help in the meantime is welcome. ( I hope it was precise enough)