try change around your last topic so that you don't have to start all over completely?

You should do this. I ended up having to change my topic at the last minute as well. I did mine on The Great Gatsby and One Flew over the Cuckoo's Nest. Originally I intended to discuss the motifs of love and lust in both novels, but it just wasn't strong enough. Instead of scrapping it completely, I just added more to it and made it on the presence of the seven deadly sins in the novels. That way I was able to use some of the work I had already done, and even though I only had like a week I still managed to get a near-perfect score. Don't stress, you'll do fine! Just make sure you put the time and effort in this week, and rehearse it before you present! 

try change around your last topic so that you don't have to start all over completely?

You should do this. I ended up having to change my topic at the last minute as well. I did mine on The Great Gatsby and One Flew over the Cuckoo's Nest. Originally I intended to discuss the motifs of love and lust in both novels, but it just wasn't strong enough. Instead of scrapping it completely, I just added more to it and made it on the presence of the seven deadly sins in the novels. That way I was able to use some of the work I had already done, and even though I only had like a week I still managed to get a near-perfect score. Don't stress, you'll do fine! Just make sure you put the time and effort in this week, and rehearse it before you present! 

My last topic was appearance vs reality in Hamlet, what can i change in this? :huh:  :unsure:

I don't know Hamlet all that well, but perhaps you could look into Shakespeare's use of a particular technique to explore the theme of appearance vs. reality, that way you can still keep your general topic. Try to find an interesting technique or something :) just my thoughts

If you can, try to use work you've already done in your IOP.  You didn't write all of those paragraphs/essays for nothing! It will lighten the load now you have to write the speech quickly, and you have the benefit of knowing that the teachers have already told you it's good (presuming that you've handed in work on the texts that they've marked).

its too obvious and repetitive..!

if you're up for it you could do a creative one exploring appearances vs. reality?

i don't think there's a problem choosing an obvious topic. the topic i did was done by another person in my class and i got a 7 in iop so that's not something that should hold you back

• 4 weeks later...

Yeah whilst we're not allowed to suggest topics considering it is your IOP (sorry...) I have seen from experience that doing something with symbolism is a good idea. 

The best idea would be sticking to the appearance vs reality theme but if you really don't like it i guess symbolism might work????