Starting IB next week, help with course selections!

izzifizzy

Hey! Im starting IB next week, and I'm having trouble choosing my courses.

Right now I'm thinking:

HL Bio

HL Psych

HL Art

SL English A1

SL Finnish B

SL Math

Can someone give me some insight on how heavy this course load is and whether I should change it or keep it? I'm considering taking HL philosophy instead of HL Art but I'm not sure.

Any help on any of these courses would be greatly appreciated!   :D  :D  :D

HL bio is lots of content but it isn't too hard. Just don't study things the night before and be sure you understand your concepts and know how to link things together. Know your command terms well and always pay attention to how many marks each question is worth. 

I've never taken HL art, but I hear IB art in general is super hard because it's really subjective and also, it's a lot of work especially at HL.

SL English.. I take HL English Lit and it's pretty fun. For you guys, your rubric for the IA's are less harsh (to get 9-10/10 for you guys, the key word is "very good" while for HL, the key word is "excellent"). Just please read your books because in my class, for World Lit, there was this one book we were supposed to read and during the interactive oral, I found out that more than half the class didn't read the book. 

SL Math isn't bad at all so far for me. Just expose yourself to lots of practice questions and ask your teacher for help if you are stuck on something. Never skip out on homework because then, you'll lose an opportunity to practice :P