I need information on how to postulate to the University of Tokyo

Kimeru123

Hi,

I am really struggling on finding information about how to go postulate to the University of Tokyo and I don't understand the advantage of the  IB diploma. I am thinking in studying an engineering and I am only taking one science in my IB physics. Do i need to study Chemistry to enter to university?. And do i must to take an entry exam for university or just the IB diploma is enough?

I will appreciate your help.

Please help me.

hey kimeru123,

when its comes to engineering most of the university's requirement is physics, chemistry, math at higher level. But there are few universities which accepts non-chemistry students only when your course is completely not related to chemistry (like architectural engineering). So first go through the requirements of the university you wanted to join in. And the preference is always given to IB diploma students, because IB is universally accepted by all the universities. And if your IB scores are low then mostly some universities will ask you to write an entrance or If your SAT scores are good enough they might consider you in.

Good Luck

HARI 

Don't listen to harihrrnn about the requirements

The prerequisites for engineering actually depends on the University and the Country you are apply to. You generally need Chemistry, Physics and Math (atleast one HL of these subjects) for Canada. For the USA, you mostly need Physics and Math (at either HL or SL, they don't care as long as you get a good score. But you won't get extra credits for SL), but Chemistry is not a requirement unless you're doing chemical engineering. For the UK, most universities require HL Math and Physics (generally at HL as well).

Anyways, I'm attaching a sheet about the the subject prerequisite for different countries:

Sorry but I don't know much about Japan, but it would do you better if you actually researched a bit about the requirements. Google is literally 2 clicks away.

I know a lot of people, who study Mechanical Engineering, and say that they don't use much chemistry, if not only require basic knowledge (Like IGCSE level), in their course. 

Also you need to understand that most higher tier universities don't only care about your grades, they also judge you holistically, meaning that they also see what you do outside school and want to know what else you bring to their school, other than brains.

post-144694-0-40519900-1441379498_thumb.