Trouble with finding historical IA topic?

pheeuh

I have to start my historical investigation all over again, due to the fact that my previous teacher was not present most of the time and lead our whole class into the wrong direction. I did one last year, but my research topic is too vague. I feel that it is too vague, despite the fact that she said it was acceptable. My topic was: "To what extent did Japan's aggressive foreign policy affect its relationship with China shortly before and during WWII?"

I was constantly struggling to see what way I can dive into my topic, but I felt like I could have in multiple ways that it got too complex. 

Also, I do not feel it was keeping me up to my feet. I lacked interest in this topic, and I also felt that it made me feel like it was a chore. I want to start a new topic involving Islamic aspects to Palestine or with the division between Israel and Palestine. Or, I wanted to do something like, "To what extent was Islam influenced in the attacks of 9/11?" Would someone please suggest topics or give me tips to keep it very specfic? I also feel that I want to do something with fashion and feminism, but I don't know if it would really be arguing anything.

I have to start my historical investigation all over again, due to the fact that my previous teacher was not present most of the time and lead our whole class into the wrong direction. I did one last year, but my research topic is too vague. I feel that it is too vague, despite the fact that she said it was acceptable. My topic was: "To what extent did Japan's aggressive foreign policy affect its relationship with China shortly before and during WWII?"

I was constantly struggling to see what way I can dive into my topic, but I felt like I could have in multiple ways that it got too complex. 

Also, I do not feel it was keeping me up to my feet. I lacked interest in this topic, and I also felt that it made me feel like it was a chore. I want to start a new topic involving Islamic aspects to Palestine or with the division between Israel and Palestine. Or, I wanted to do something like, "To what extent was Islam influenced in the attacks of 9/11?" Would someone please suggest topics or give me tips to keep it very specfic? I also feel that I want to do something with fashion and feminism, but I don't know if it would really be arguing anything.

Hmm since you're interested in Islamic aspects to Palestine.. Maybe you can talk about the Arab-Israeli conflict? You can maybe look into the origins of it because I did read somewhere that you can examine the role religion played in sparking the conflict.