French B and ab initio tips

El :3

• 4 months later...

Nice guide! I was reading the IB study guide for French B and it said we're allowed to bring 10 dot point notes in. Is this right? And also, are you told in advance what part of the syllabus the photo will be connected to, and if so, how specific is it? Thanks again for the tips!

Thanks!!

What happens is that in your prep time, you prepare your 10 dot points that you can then bring into the oral. My teacher told me that it would either be loisirs or sante, and we had one photo of each. I had no idea what subtopic in particular, as it's unethical for your teacher to give you so much prep ;) If you practice the oral enough beforehand, you should be confident for whatever is thrown at you! Feel free to message me if you need anything extra

• Like 1

just to add to quizlet which you mentioned briefly - I'm a big fan of memrise, because I feel like their algorithms are better than quizlet's, even though they don't have such a huge selection of courses.

Other than memrise and quizlet, there's also: duolinguo (pretty well-known; has an app + website), livemocha (I haven't personally tried it, but it's been recommended to me, and has lots of language courses), fsi (foreign language institute - big collection of workbooks/audio files), lang-8 (where you can put up your writing to be corrected by natives) and forvo (has words pronounced by natives, and can be a life saver)

• Like 1

just to add to quizlet which you mentioned briefly - I'm a big fan of memrise, because I feel like their algorithms are better than quizlet's, even though they don't have such a huge selection of courses.

Other than memrise and quizlet, there's also: duolinguo (pretty well-known; has an app + website), livemocha (I haven't personally tried it, but it's been recommended to me, and has lots of language courses), fsi (foreign language institute - big collection of workbooks/audio files), lang-8 (where you can put up your writing to be corrected by natives) and forvo (has words pronounced by natives, and can be a life saver)

There's also Language Perfect which I've heard is quite good :)