Questions to Ask During Business IA Interview and Bizz Models?

Hi guys,

so I'm doing my Business IA on a tutoring place I found but I need help deciding what questions to ask during the interview for my primary research. I mean I don't really want to ask for financial statements because its pretty intrusive and I don't wanna lose the business after they have been the only one that were happy with my doing the IA on them out of so many different places.

Right now, my research question is based on if they should expand (have multiple locations already but all in one city) their business . But I don't really now what questions I can ask that can benefit my IA or what I should write about. I also don't know what models to use if I don't want to use financial information, any ideas?

- Thanks 

The interview is a key part to collecting data for your IA. From this you understand the organization's current standing, how much they want to invest for the expansion, what threats they can face and what strengths they possess. So I recommend you write up very detailed questions just for reference and you can develop on them during your interview.

Make sure the questions you ask help you understand a bit more about the organization and its plans and allow you to utilize the information for the business tools you apply. You can ask about their competitors and their weaknesses. 

As for the financial data, I would recommend politely asking them for the current financial data since it would really add to your IA. Ensure them of the confidentiality of the data. Maybe they will provide it to you. If not then you can think of tools that would help you finish your project. 

Hope this was helpful. Best of luck.

• 5 weeks later...

Hi guys,

so I'm doing my Business IA on a tutoring place I found but I need help deciding what questions to ask during the interview for my primary research. I mean I don't really want to ask for financial statements because its pretty intrusive and I don't wanna lose the business after they have been the only one that were happy with my doing the IA on them out of so many different places.

Right now, my research question is based on if they should expand (have multiple locations already but all in one city) their business . But I don't really now what questions I can ask that can benefit my IA or what I should write about. I also don't know what models to use if I don't want to use financial information, any ideas?

- Thanks 

For expansion, it's usually recommended to use Investment appraisal, for which you'll need some financial data from the firm. If you can't gain access to key data, it might be best to change the firm. Just my two cents though, good luck!