Is the Economics HL course mathematical?

I'm not very good at Math and doubt I could get a high grade in Math SL, which is why I plan on taking Math Studies. I got a 75% on my last quiz, but that was still pretty basic concepts. Could I take Math Studies and Economics and still get a 6-7 in Economics?

Edited by beth-

i take economics HL and math SL and to me its really easy. there are four students in my economics HL class that take math studies and they are doing fine, i would say they might get 6 or 5 but not 7 since they kind of find the math part difficult

I'm not very good at Math and doubt I could get a high grade in Math SL, which is why I plan on taking Math Studies. I got a 75% on my last quiz, but that was still pretty basic concepts. Could I take Math Studies and Economics and still get a 6-7 in Economics?

Paper 3 is basically of calculations. The math involved is probably 4th grade level, it's more to test the understandings of concepts. For example, a question might ask you to calculate the total of the current account. All you have to do is add up the balance of income, balance of goods, balance of services and unilateral transfers (components of the Current Account). They want to see that you know the components and can add them up, not to test your math skills. 

Other than this, there are linear equations which we learnt in the 7th grade. It's very easy to score full on P3 with little math knowledge. Hope I helped.

However, why are you taking Econ HL? If you wanna do something related to Econ in uni you'll most likely need at least Math SL. 

Paper 3 is basically of calculations. The math involved is probably 4th grade level, it's more to test the understandings of concepts. For example, a question might ask you to calculate the total of the current account. All you have to do is add up the balance of income, balance of goods, balance of services and unilateral transfers (components of the Current Account). They want to see that you know the components and can add them up, not to test your math skills. 

Other than this, there are linear equations which we learnt in the 7th grade. It's very easy to score full on P3 with little math knowledge. Hope I helped.

However, why are you taking Econ HL? If you wanna do something related to Econ in uni you'll most likely need at least Math SL. 

I'm still sort of contemplating what subjects I want to study - I have an idea, but I'm not sure quite yet. I'd like to go for Law, where you practically need no subjects, but I feel like a basic understanding of Economics could be useful in the future, but I don't really know yet.

I plan on taking these subjects listed in my signature tentatively and it may change.