Human Rights EE -- Honor Killings in India?

BHALWANI

Hi!

I needed some advice on my EE topic....

1. Is "Honor Killings in India" narrow enough? -----> { I want to focus and research more on the role society plays against familial relationships }
  2. Is Human Rights the BEST topic to go into if I want to research Honor Killings? 

*aside* I haven't actually taken the class, Human Rights, but the IB coordinator said that it's fine :)

Hi there!

It depends on how you are going to expand the idea of "the role of society"- if you are going to link it to cultural relativism for example, then I think you might be on the right track. I personally wouldn't recommend just giving a commentary on the social injustice apparent in honor killings- otherwise there might not be enough depth in terms of analysis from a human rights point of view, which I think is essential in a human rights EE. I might be wrong, however, as I don't take this course in IB either.

Regarding your second question, it is hard to decide with the amount of information given because I'm not very sure how you are going about your essay. Do you mind giving us an outline on what you plan to include in your essay, and specifically how it links to human rights?