History IA

amandaaasdfghjkl

Your question is most likely too broad. It might be better to pick an aspect of his policies (social, economic, foreign, etc.) and discuss its relation to Marxism. 

Although I will say that from experience with my own IA, it is hard to nail down exactly how Marxist Communism should function. This is due to Marx being rather vague with most of what he said in terms of communism.  

• Like 2

I think it's still way too broad. I'd suggest choosing a time frame of a couple of years so that you can be specific. Station was in power a long time so comparing all his social policies and seeing how close they were to Marxism seems too broad.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

King112

oh okay.. so can it be like 'To what extent did  Stalin's social policies adhere to the ideals of Marxism?'

or should I be more specific and say which social policy I'm talking about?

You are definitely closer to a solid question but not quite there. As King112 said, Stalin was in power for a long time and did quite a bit. So comparing all of his social policy would take a volume or two. If if were my IA, I would pick a policy of Stalin's and talk about it in relation to Marx's ideas. 

It's OK to ask questions. I still think it's kind of bleh. Education policy when? He was in power a long time. Plus, I really can't see how you could mix education and marxism effectively.

Maybe you could think about his economic policies?

And in my opinion (This could be wrong honestly) I find the wording of "ideals of marxism" a little too vague.

Why don't you ask your teacher? even if she hasn't taught you guys about this, she should be able to help you.

Cheers,

King112

• 2 weeks later...

No. Definitely not. Too obvious and too broad.

Do you have any area of History you're interested in? The only easy way out is to pick something you already know a lot about and/or are interested in. If you're truly interested in the Soviet Union, Stalin and/or Marx, go on from that. Not sure how much Marx talked about education, but you can definitely find a lot on what Stalin's educational policies were; start out by all you find about education and as you're writing, you should be able to sense if your topic is too broad or not. And if it's too broad, you already have a clearer picture how to narrow your topic.

Good luck!

• Like 1