English IOP

rosemia78

I am trying to do my first IOP for english at the moment but I am really struggling to think of a good way to make my oral interactive/interesting for the audience. I was thinking of doing a quiz, but i was told that it was too interactive so I am not sure what i should do instead. Any ideas? 

I have decided to make my presentation about comparing the similarities of two poems by Carol Ann Duffy.

Ooh, which 2 poems? From The World's Wife?

I didn't present on Carol Ann Duffy; most people in HL lit at my school did their presentations on The Road, including myself. However, one my classmates made a model of the setting in The Road, and then superbly linked it to her presentation (the Boy's head was a candle holder, as he had 'the fire').  

You could also make your own poem based on Carol Ann Duffy's structure and language. 

Actually, the best way to make it interesting for the audience is for your presentation to be interesting. That is, you shouldn't be reading off the powerpoint slide, or standing awkwardly on the side. Sound interested, vary your tone, use body language to emphasize certain things. Put interesting photos on your powerpoint slides - I put a huge picture of Two-Face on one my slides to emphasize the dual nature of fire (nurturer and destroyer).