IBlifeE

Hi,

So I'm working on my tok essay, and I decided to write about title 5:

To what extent do the concepts that we use shape the conclusions that we reach?

So, I've got some ideas on what to write about, but I would like to see different perspectives and what different people think of the questions so I would really appreciate if you could tell me your view on this topic and even help me with some examples.

My main points are that in religion people believe one thing and based on this believe they act in a specific way, and I supported this with a RLS. on the other hand I argued that there are a lot of more factor influencing the final conclusion that we get, again supported with some examples. I also talk about the AOK of natural science and how we use experimental science and various scientific theories to reach to conclusions, but also how people use the same theory but analyze it in different ways (could be related to personal knowledge and shared knowledge) that it brings them to different conclusions. 

What do you guys think? any suggestions? any examples to support my arguments? please feel free to comment anything even if it's not a positive comment, all help is appreciated!

Thankyou

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

You can include the difference between principles of atheists and believers for religion as AOK. Idk if this will be helpful, but I found this article interesting, its about an atheist who proved existence of God, so might help you.  http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/ni/2010/04/antony_flew_the_atheist_who_ch.html

Otherwise this looks good for now, except I don't understand what example you could give for natural science. Just saying I couldn't really think of any at the moment, so before you write, make sure you have the example! :P

• Like 1