English B EE topic help (Dystopia)

VanmerX

Hey guys,

I'm thinking about writing my EE about the topic:

What was the influence of the vision of the upcoming war and the second world war on the dystopian genre?

First I would like to describe what an utopia is, and then after a few examples (the "Republic" of Plato) to describe the rise of popularity of dystopian works from the 1930s, describing the examples of the works of such authors as Aldoux Huxley or George Orwell. It would describe the fears of the rise to power of Hitler or Stalin (the presence of catastrophism in the literature), the spin from utopian works to dystopian works and the fear of the new world by comparing two or three books, such as the Brave New World, Nineteen Eighty-Four and Animal Farm.

What do you think? Should I narrow it somehow? 

I think the upcoming war on the dystopian genre is cool. I'm not doing my EE on English so I'm not helping much but I just wanted to suggest about looking up on the Cold War that involved Russian and the US, it's pretty much reliving its past again with the nuclear weapon issues going on. I also felt like suggesting about looking up this book called "The Handmaid's Tale" that talked about a dystopian world with nuclear weaponry around. I think your topic is good and those books are useful too. Good luck for your EE ^^.