I have a friend that restarted the IB after her first year. She's graduating now with me. 

I really wouldn't recommend it... I doubt that universities would mind it provided you get solid marks after restarting the IB but it is, after all, another year spent! 

However, if you feel it is necessary, go for it! 

It just does not seem practical, you would become very behind in life and essentially be redoing a part of your life that is supposed to be over. It's not recommended, but do as you would like if you deem it necessary, like what batool said.

A year is not "very behind on your life" lol. I had 2 gap years, I'm 3 years older than most of my uni friends and I'm still alive. ;) 

I don't know anyone who has restarted the IB, only know people who came back to school after a few years and took extra subjects because they decided on a major career change (usually going into med school), for which they don't have qualifications. I'd say talk to your IBC about why you'd want to restart the IB, they might be able to help with whatever problem you have. And if your exams are actually May 2017, I'd say you could still change subjects and catch up. 

• Like 2

It just does not seem practical, you would become very behind in life and essentially be redoing a part of your life that is supposed to be over. It's not recommended, but do as you would like if you deem it necessary, like what batool said.

A year is not "very behind on your life" lol. I had 2 gap years, I'm 3 years older than most of my uni friends and I'm still alive. ;)

I don't know anyone who has restarted the IB, only know people who came back to school after a few years and took extra subjects because they decided on a major career change (usually going into med school), for which they don't have qualifications. I'd say talk to your IBC about why you'd want to restart the IB, they might be able to help with whatever problem you have. And if your exams are actually May 2017, I'd say you could still change subjects and catch up. 

Sorry, may be a personal preference, I always want to be doing something, and gaps make me uncomfortable. Haha, may have been more subjective than I had thought

• Like 1

Sorry, may be a personal preference, I always want to be doing something, and gaps make me uncomfortable. Haha, may have been more subjective than I had thought

I think the older you get the smaller a measure 1 year is. 1/18 is much more than 1/40 or 1/60. ;)  That's why 1 year seems like ages to a lot of young people. :)

• Like 1