Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Vicdashit

Good Graphing Program?

28 posts in this topic

What is a good graphing program that allows me to graph histograms for my math HL Type 2 investigation on probability?

i guess Microsoft Math is a decent program... especially for the Math IAs... it can solve complicated algebraic questions and graph them at the same time

Yeah, I've used Graphs (really good!!!), normal Excel, and also, if you're comfortable using the TI, you can always print-screen the graphs from there... (this can be done by the CD that comes with them, it sounds complicated, but really, if you have the CD, it's quite simples (in my case the hardest was actually FINDING the CD...))...

Also, if you use the Haesse & Harris Publications textbook, look up the CD that comes along, there's a graphing program there too (I think it's called Graphing Package, not sure though...).. that CD was also useful in my Radiometric Dating portfolio 'cause of the dice simulator...

Ok, those are all the ones I know, but honestly, it's all about the same.. it's just a matter of what you're most comfortable using..

A while ago our teacher recommended geogebra (one of the free programs from google). It was pretty complex, although kind of complicated. But I suppose once you get used to it, it's better :)

I use Autograph. Its a payed piece of software, but it is excellent :)

maple 12... used both autograph n maple.. have to say maple completely owns it

Amen brother!

I used advanced grapher, works perfectly well for me, but doesn't allow you to make histograms i think...

Can anyone recommend one that is able to graph a series of points? I need this for the BMI math modeling.

Thanks.

Can anyone recommend one that is able to graph a series of points? I need this for the BMI math modeling.

Thanks.

Excel plots data pretty nicely

Thanks.

I used graphmatica for my BMI math modeling (SL Type II) and it worked out pretty well. It even gives you equations for the plotted lines (ie you can ask for a polynomial to any degree, a quadratic, etc)

I used graphmatica for my BMI math modeling (SL Type II) and it worked out pretty well. It even gives you equations for the plotted lines (ie you can ask for a polynomial to any degree, a quadratic, etc)

If its not too much to ask, can you explain to me how to use that function in a PM or something? I used WzGrapher for my type and I have no idea how to use graphmatica. Thanks.

Edit----

Ok...so I missed read the button above the graph button and was confused that the curve fit meant. I actually got it to work...haha this helps soooooo much.

Edited by Shorty

A lot of different graphing programs have been added, a LOT of different ones.

and I’m taking maths HL, which one (or two) cover most of the needs in this course, or do i have to change programs for different things (as I know some graphing programs might be good at one specific thing, while not so good at others, so I’m looking for a good all-rounder)

peferably one thats easy to use as well :D

Edited by kayakpolo

What is a good graphing program that allows me to graph histograms for my math HL Type 2 investigation on probability?

For my pre calc class, our teacher tells us to use graphmatica. I know its EXTREMELY useful for graphing functions. It's free and you can download it off the computer.

For my pre calc class, our teacher tells us to use graphmatica. I know its EXTREMELY useful for graphing functions. It's free and you can download it off the computer.

I prefer Graph tbh. More attractive interface. Anyway, Graphmatica cannot be used to graph histograms; however Excel can, so use that!