Good Graphing Program?

Vicdashit

A lot of different graphing programs have been added, a LOT of different ones.

and I’m taking maths HL, which one (or two) cover most of the needs in this course, or do i have to change programs for different things (as I know some graphing programs might be good at one specific thing, while not so good at others, so I’m looking for a good all-rounder)

peferably one thats easy to use as well :D

Edited by kayakpolo

For my pre calc class, our teacher tells us to use graphmatica. I know its EXTREMELY useful for graphing functions. It's free and you can download it off the computer.

I prefer Graph tbh. More attractive interface. Anyway, Graphmatica cannot be used to graph histograms; however Excel can, so use that!

• 2 weeks later...

A good general (free) graphing program that I have found handy is simply called Graph. You can download it at:

http://www.padowan.dk/graph/

As for probabilities though, I would recommend using Microsoft Excel. The fact that it has functions such as combinations and permutations built in, those come in really handy for this type of thing. It also allows you to type in a general formula and create very large calculated table in no time. Then use the calculated tables to make graphs on a new sheet in Excel. An alternative that I have used is build my tables in Excel, the copied that data over to LoggerPro (if you have it, made by Vernier but not free). On there you can generally get a good, CLEAN looking graph.

An alternative that I have used is build my tables in Excel, the copied that data over to LoggerPro (if you have it, made by Vernier but not free). On there you can generally get a good, CLEAN looking graph.

The only thing with LoggerPro is that its graphs are quite ugly (yes, they're 'clean' but this doesn't detract from the fact that the font sizing and all that are out of proportion... or perhaps I haven't learned to use the app properly yet). I usually stick to Excel provided no trendlines are needed, otherwise I switch to Graph.