How to make an IOP creative

Megan

Expand your presentation platform. For my IOP last year, I created a 6-7 page comic because the work I used was Marjane Satrapi's Persepolis. Use what you have as inspiration. If your audience can see the amount of work you put into your IOP or if you can at least fool them into thinking that you put in a large amount of effort, then they'll be impressed at pretty much whatever you do. You just need to do it well.

• Like 2

It's not necessary to present presentations on a digi board  but can do some chart works etc..

my teacher always says that however dumb a presentation though it is counted,but still the way you convey your message should be lively and innovative.  

Edited by Guest

Disclaimer: My teacher thinks I'm insane.

We did some pretty weird stuff for our presentations last year, I remember doing the following for various IOP style presentations:

Reenact a death scene by making fake guts and blood and stabbing my partner with red expo markers(no weapons policy)

Perform parodies of Anaconda, Circle of Life and Let it Go to match a plot

Interpretive dance to show changes in character

Cross dressing as a character and lying on a table to talk to a psychiatrist about life

Holding a group Séance to summon various characters from the dead to get multiple perspectives

I remember other people in the class doing:

A magic show where characters kept dying after every "trick"

Antigone: The Musical

Puppet shows

Making paintings of spirits

Building physical models of imagery and explaining it

Not all of these may work for an IOP, nor are they a good idea depending on who is watching and what you want to express. Think of "what" you want to express before the "how" is my suggestion. Don't try to stretch it too much and turn one thing into something else just because it's entertaining. For some topics powerpoint presentations might get the point across the best. Good Luck!

Edited by Angelo Lu
  • Like 3

IOPs were crazy fun when my class did them. One of my friends did a 'roast' of 3 characters and critically analysed them. I had a dialogue with one of the main characters, as well as a skype session with another one. I even made a match.com profile for the 2 characters I was focusing on to show their differing personalities and the way they would pursue their relationships. Another person in my class had a marriage counselling session with 2 conflicting characters, yet another made diary entries to continue where the story left off. Another good idea was a talk show with two characters from different stories; another was a dead character's ghost appearing (on the projector screen) and telling everyone how he felt about being murdered in cold blood. There are so many really good ideas out there, you just have to expand your mind! Best of luck!

• Like 3

Here in my College, we do theater for Malay A SL, but the theater is the involvement of the whole batch (25 students, our college is small) , but maybe you can do a mini theater with around 5-6 or 7 students. Make sure everyone is involve with acting the lines. Your mini theater can be about a section in the novel, or even poem that you've learned. Lastly make sure each of you get enough time in acting ( don;t make it too short) I think 50 minutes is ok with 5-6 characters. Ask your teacher. Be creative, maybe can just make it out of 3 students. and 30 minutes.

Good luck

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Divide classmates into groups. Give them 3-4 of passages where there is conflict, then (to make it quick and easy, but also fun) give them a number of options of where the conflict lies. A tick list of sorts -- but where more than one option could apply. That should spark a little bit of debate + discussion within and between groups. You get your interactive points and your presentation won't get bogged down either. 

Tell me how that goes. :irene:

• 3 months later...
Guest TheMagical7

Everyone is raising this topic from the dead... and come on guys... What is an IOP? Do you mean the Individual Oral Presentation or the Interactive Oral Presentation? Big Fat Difference.