Business Management IA

Hi, so, I was just wondering if anyone knows the criterion for the Business Management IA? My teacher told us that it was supposed to be no longer than 1 500 words, the example she gave us had no abstract nor did she say that we needed one and that the appendixes are supposed to be the five articles we used the mosts (and that the parts we used had to be highlighted).

However, when I read through the instructions in the book it said that it was supposed to be 2 000 words, have and abstract and that appendixes should just be things such as photos,, documents, questionnaires, raw data and such. (Like all the other IAs)

I am so confused right now, could someone help me out?

Okay, I'm a little confused if you are in SL or HL. In HL I can tell you, there are three main documents that are required in your IA.

1. Your research proposal: 500 words

2. Executive Summary: 200 words (included in the main research project word count)

3. Research project: 2000 words. 

If you're in HL, your IA is supposed to have primary research, mainly. It's all the data you will collect through interviews, questionnaires, surveys, financial documents etc. and all of this should be added in the appendix.

If you're in SL, your IA should mainly consist of secondary research; articles, previously conducted researches etc. These would be called supporting documents and these would be added in the appendix as well. I'm not sure about the word count for this but it's mentioned in the Business Management Guide.

My suggestion is you go through the guide once, read it thoroughly. Show it to your teacher. Also, look for IA Samples online if you can, they should help. Hope this helps! 

• Like 2