Here's a basic breakdown

Before writing:

1. You choose an essay question - whichever you find most appealing!
  2. I always rewrite the essay question in the simplest words I can find (so basically dumb it down in your own words, so you know what you're aiming for)
  3. Extract the knowledge claims from the question (what is the question implying??), and an overarching knowledge question (e.g. to what extent do emotions influence judgement)
  4. Choose WOKs and AOKs which apply to the question. For my essay, I chose 2 of each but it depends on the question
  5. This is where it depends on the person and how they organise their arguments. What I do is I work out 2 arguments and 2 counter-arguments for the question, so that I look at it holistically (obviously this depends on the question) and it gives my essay some "colour". I also try to include some personal arguments for personal engagement in the essay.
  6. For each of your arguments, brainstorm max 3 points you want to make about it (you only have a limited amount of words for your essay, so you have to be concise)

Writing the essay:

1. Start with an introduction (1-2 paragraphs) detailing the knowledge claims, knowledge question, key definitions, (if necessary, whether or not you agree with what the question is saying), I like to include a related quote from a person of influence, and perhaps deconstruct your question
  2. Now this depends on the person and how you like to organise your arguments. I organised my essay by AOKs and referred to my WOKs throughout the essay. My structure was like this:

AOK: Mathematics

Paragraph 1 - argument (personal example)

Paragraph 2 - argument (general example)

Paragraph 3 - counter-argument (general example)

AOK: The Arts

As for my conclusion, answer the question to the best of your ability using your arguments and counter-arguments, and I like to end with something for the reader to think about which is related to my question.

I hope this made sense a little - it's hard to tell you how to write the essay as there's no proper formula and it's down to how you like to write. I hope I helped a little and feel free to message me if you need help with anything or if you need anything further clarifying :)

• Like 2

Here's a basic breakdown

Before writing:

2. I always rewrite the essay question in the simplest words I can find (so basically dumb it down in your own words, so you know what you're aiming for)
  3. Extract the knowledge claims from the question (what is the question implying??), and an overarching knowledge question (e.g. to what extent do emotions influence judgement)
  4. Choose WOKs and AOKs which apply to the question. For my essay, I chose 2 of each but it depends on the question
  5. This is where it depends on the person and how they organise their arguments. What I do is I work out 2 arguments and 2 counter-arguments for the question, so that I look at it holistically (obviously this depends on the question) and it gives my essay some "colour". I also try to include some personal arguments for personal engagement in the essay.
  6. For each of your arguments, brainstorm max 3 points you want to make about it (you only have a limited amount of words for your essay, so you have to be concise)

Writing the essay:

1. Start with an introduction (1-2 paragraphs) detailing the knowledge claims, knowledge question, key definitions, (if necessary, whether or not you agree with what the question is saying), I like to include a related quote from a person of influence, and perhaps deconstruct your question
  2. Now this depends on the person and how you like to organise your arguments. I organised my essay by AOKs and referred to my WOKs throughout the essay. My structure was like this:

As for my conclusion, answer the question to the best of your ability using your arguments and counter-arguments, and I like to end with something for the reader to think about which is related to my question.

I hope this made sense a little - it's hard to tell you how to write the essay as there's no proper formula and it's down to how you like to write. I hope I helped a little and feel free to message me if you need help with anything or if you need anything further clarifying :)

THANK YOU!!!!!!!

Here's a basic breakdown

Before writing:

Writing the essay:

THANK YOU!!!!!!!

It's okay!! I hope it made sense a bit :)