Hey.

The TOK presentation is coming up soon and we have been asked to identify the real life situation we want to talk about and also our knowledge question. I was thinking of  2014 Peshawar Massacre (You can quickly read it it as to what happened). I am not sure if I am going in right direction, as I have no idea how to relate to TOK. It would be great help if someone could tell me weather this is right or not and if its right, what kind of knowledge question can I have? 

ThankYouu so much

You can relate this to ethics - whether it is right or wrong to kill people in order to take revenge. Talk about morals and maybe even relate it to religion (something about how the religion doesn't support killing and different religions' views on murder. For example, according to bible, its okay to kill under three conditions, while according to quran, one can kill someone if they get in the way - look that up as I'm not sure about the exact quoting from the texts). Your KQ could be about ethics or religion shaping society.

Personally, I find that an excellent RLS. Leaves you with a lot of thought and is quite interesting, overall. 

For KQs, perhaps something along the line of trying to justify/criticize the massacre. To what extent can it be justified, or something. 

I'd recommend you try brainstorming various AOKs and WOKs relevant to the topic. Try to come up with both sides of the argument for the sake of discussion.

For example, say, ethics. Is this ethically acceptable? Why? Why not? Link to some TOK ideas like Utilitarianism and Kantian ethics (personally would recommend talking about the categorical imperatives). Try justify the massacre with moral egoism, and talk about how ethical viewpoints can depend on which perspective you take, etc, etc. 

Best wishes!

Edited by Elca