I dont get anything :(

alexalexalex

Hello guys,

So I haven't actually started the IB but I'm doing Additional Maths so I thought I could write my question here.

My problem is that right now we're doing vectors and I dont understand anytttthiiiinngggg. The thing is I usually get it in Maths quite quickly  but we've been doing vectors for like over a week now and I dont get anything and I stresses me out to the point where I get really sad about it.

Could someone give me any advice on how to understand?

Is there anything I should do?

Any recommended YT channels or something else?

Thank you!

Hello guys,

So I haven't actually started the IB but I'm doing Additional Maths so I thought I could write my question here.

My problem is that right now we're doing vectors and I dont understand anytttthiiiinngggg. The thing is I usually get it in Maths quite quickly  but we've been doing vectors for like over a week now and I dont get anything and I stresses me out to the point where I get really sad about it.

Could someone give me any advice on how to understand?

Is there anything I should do?

Any recommended YT channels or something else?

Thank you!

What about vectors dont you understand?

Heyy,

It's the questions with velocity. For example like airplane questions where you have to take into account the wind etc. For these questions our teacher told us to draw like triangles and stuff and im just really confused on which speed goes on which part of the triangle.

Also, if you put the wind at the top or the bottom of the vector for the airplane (if that makes any sense whatsoever)

Tysm!!

I understand, I started watch Khan Academy videos - which are really great, they have tutorials for all subjects, I recommend watching them if you haven't all ready - you could start all over and read the beginning of the chapter in the text book. That always helped me, sometimes the method was different, but understand able. If neither of those help you, get extra help form any math teacher in the school - maybe they have a better way of explaining it.

Vectors is a very foreign topic for many students, even considering calculus. I think eventually you can get used to it. In my school's regular, non-IB curriculum, vectors are taught together with calculus so it's definitely not an easy unit! First just understand how to add and subtract vectors then worry about specific problems like the plane's speed.

• 4 weeks later...