Confused with Part 1's syllabus

Gilbert

Alright so I'm taking English A: Literature for Group 1 subject and I got confused with its part 1, because in Bahasa A Literature we did the Writing Assignment (WA/WL) already... And we had to pick the topic on our own. So, I asked my teacher about English WL/WA topic... And he said that we had to do the reflective statement first, then the WA/WL and we are not the ones to choose the topic. Instead, my teacher will pick a topic for it and everyone will have the same topic. Is this true guys? Shouldn't you guys be the ones to choose the topic? Please help.

Alright so I'm taking English A: Literature for Group 1 subject and I got confused with its part 1, because in Bahasa A Literature we did the Writing Assignment (WA/WL) already... And we had to pick the topic on our own. So, I asked my teacher about English WL/WA topic... And he said that we had to do the reflective statement first, then the WA/WL and we are not the ones to choose the topic. Instead, my teacher will pick a topic for it and everyone will have the same topic. Is this true guys? Shouldn't you guys be the ones to choose the topic? Please help.

Umm that's weird.. I take English Lit as well and for the WA topic, we were supposed to have our own different topics. The teacher was not supposed to pick for us. Your teacher is right about having to write a reflective statement though. 

• Like 1

For the WA (based on works in translation) the teacher provided prescribed topics for the in class writing assignment (choosing from 30) and for the actual WA the research question was coming it up yourself.

That's strange.  I take both English A Lit. and Spanish A Lit. and both my teachers let us choose our own topic. The reflective statement we wrote based on the class discussion (so perhaps all of our papers were similar), and I think that for the supervised writing we were given some prompts and had to choose one; but for the Essay itself we could definitely choose our own topic.