Help with Analysis of Data!

IOxford

Hey,

I am doing a lab on the effects of temperature on the enzymatic affects of Catalase, and I am trying to find a way to analyze my data.

I have means of the reaction rate for each of the temperatures (10, 20, 30, 40 ,50), but I am confused on how create some analysis on them. If you could give me some tips that would be great!

You can include a graph showing the effect of temperature on the rate of reaction. You can then analyse the graph, mention at which temperature the rate is the highest and why the rate change occurs the way it does. Ideally, it should increase, maximise at 37 degrees (celsius) and then decrease. Explain that this happens because initially an increase in temperature makes the enzymes more active and therefore leads to an increase in the ROR (rate of reaction). While after 37 degrees, the enzymes start to denature and that's the reason that ROR starts to decrease from this point onwards. Talk all about the structure of enzymes and everything.

It would be great if you could include the temperatures at the gap of 5 (5, 10, 15, 20....) as it would give a more accurate reading of the max ROR. If you have, however, already taken the readings and couldn't take another set of readings, that's fine too. Hope this answered your question!